Re: Draft Resolution for Issue 41

Strongly in favor of #2...not in the SOAP core.  Thanks.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

amr.f.yassin@philips.com
Sent by: xml-dist-app-request@w3.org
03/08/02 11:29 AM

        To:     Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
        cc:     xml-dist-app@w3.org, (bcc: Noah Mendelsohn/Cambridge/IBM)
        Subject:        Re: Draft Resolution for Issue 41

Jacek,

Shall we add it to the core or make it optional?

Solution 1: (Add it to the core)
"Modify (Part 1 Section 7: Use of URI in SOAP) to reflect that the
envelope SHOULD include the target URIs especially if the application uses
intermediaries and make it part of the XMLP core."

Solution 2: (Make it application dependent)
"It is the responsibility of the application designer to provide the
appropriate target URIs at the appropriate points of the message path, or
of a routing extension, not of the SOAP core."

What do you think?

Amr Yassin

Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
03/07/2002 02:37 PM