Re: Soap Bindlings with Asynchronous Protocols

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 17:15:14 +0100 (CET)
To: Naresh Agarwal <nagarwal@in.firstrain.com>
cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org
 Naresh,
 here's my view of this. But first, please don't use the terms
"encoded" and "literal" style of SOAP for these are only terms of
WSDL and a message doesn't tell you (even indirectly) what style
(and schema "use") was used in the appropriate WSDL description.
So my responses:
 1) IMO asynchrony is orthogonal to RPC, although it is usual to
do RPC synchronously.
 2) In some applications, it is conceivable that a long running
request/response would be modeled as RPC.
 3) With different transports we want to use these transports'
properties, like off-line (store and forward) processing of
email, channeling of BEEP, availability of the various transports
in various environments etc.
 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   http://www.systinet.com/