Soap Bindlings with Asynchronous Protocols

From: Naresh Agarwal <nagarwal@in.firstrain.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 20:15:31 +0530
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Hi

Today, most of the Soap implementations use HTTP for transport
protocol..However, in the near future, we expect more support for
"Asynchronous" transport protocol like SMTP,  JMS, BEEP etc.

I have following concern in this regard:

1) Does the "Aynchrony"  make sense in "RPC" (encoded) style of SOAP or
it would be only useful for "messaging" (literal) style of  SOAP?

2) Are RPC *synchronous* per se, or does it make sense to have RPC
*asynchronous*?

3) What exactly do we want to achieve by using SMTP, JMS, BEEP etc., as
transport mechanism for SOAP?

I would appreciate any comments on the above.

thanks,

regards,
Naresh Agarwal