RE: Email binding issue

From: Mountain, Highland M <highland.m.mountain@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:10:47 -0800
To: "'Mark Baker'" <distobj@acm.org>, xml-dist-app@w3.org

In an earlier draft of this document, there were SMTP (and POP3) commands
included to illustrate mail client and server interaction.  A small sub team
met and decided that it is not the responsibility of SOAP to define email
infrastructure communication and therefore, these commands should not be in
the binding document.  The email infrastructure (i.e. which email clients,
servers and associated commands along the message path) is of no interest to
SOAP, just the content of the mail message.