Email binding issue

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:27:27 -0500 (EST)
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Sorry, the for the delay, but I've just had my first look at the email
binding.

This binding is to RFC 2822 a message format used with RFC 2821, the
SMTP protocol.  The use of RFC 2822 in 4.1.1.1 and 4.1.2.3 is fine
for specifying SMTP header, but is insufficient for an email binding.

Is it just not yet complete?  Have I misunderstood the intent?  Because
it seems to me that in order to validate the SOAP protocol binding
framework, we should really try to bind SOAP to an actual protocol. 8-)

MB