RE: FW: LC Comments: Web Method Feature

Fair enough. Still, the basic architecture of an automobile hasn't changed
much since 1920 or so, so there is a lot of shared understanding of what a
"chassis", "body", etc. is. We don't have that yet ...

> In object oriented design, we are admonished to think real hard about
> whether X "really isa" Y before we rush in with inheritance.  Doesn't
> that same kind of design care warrant here?

Hmmm ... on the other hand, there was no "web" until there was a TCP/IP
infrastructure to build it on ... and there were no "web services" until
there was a "web."   I'd guess that a better analogy is "extreme
programming" since we (the developers of "the web" broadly defined) don't
REALLY know what we want to build until we build it, and then we have to
refactor everything and start over again because "customer" expectations
changed once they had something to play with.