RE: Hierarchical fault codes and RPC

From: Williams, Stuart <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:23:48 -0000
To: "'Jacek Kopecky'" <jacek@systinet.com>, Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Jacek, Marc,

I think this takes us back to the question of what our general philosophy is
with respect to the generation of faults. Which ones really, really need
MUST because something will break (be non-interoperable) if the MUST were
only a SHOULD or a MAY. I think this take us to the question of what effect
we want the generation of a fault to have.

>  Best regards,
>
>                    Jacek Kopecky
>
>                    Senior Architect, Systinet (formerly Idoox)
>                    http://www.systinet.com/

BTW... I too agree with Marc's choice of ii) over i). Apologies if I've
headed off topic.

Best regards

Stuart