Re: Issue 133: SOAP and Web Architecture: Draft sentences for HTT P bi nding preamble.

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:43:30 -0800
To: "Williams, Stuart" <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>, xml-dist-app@w3.org, Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>

I'm inclined to call GET a binding feature of a HTTP binding, rather
than a separate binding, because it both places constraints on the
way you use SOAP and provides certain functionality, rather than
providing a mechanism to move *any* SOAP message around.

There would need to be an established convention to get from a
(constrained, as per the rules of the GET feature) SOAP envelope to a
URI and back. There may be one for arbitrary XML, but I view that as
a degenerate case.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham