Re: Soap Message Canonicalization (SM-C14N)

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:21:38 -0500
To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
CC: xml-dist-app <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
I'm confused.  There's a proposal to specify what intermediaries can do
to a message.  Since this would break something from SOAP 1.1 (the
ability to sign messages), it makes sense to me that *at the same time*
we define a way to sign messages, or parts thereof. Why wait?  It's
already proven useful -- e.g., showing that we want to make sure that
intermediaries don't re-order headers. :)

I totally agree that signing some -- not all -- header elements is
important, which is why it's covered in the text.

	/r$
Encryption)
http://www.zolera.com