Re: Soap Message Canonicalization (SM-C14N)

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 18:10:23 -0500
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org
> You partially motivate this with caching. I'm not sure that it really
> helps there, though; the problem that caching faces is identifying
> the parts of a request message that are used to compose a cache key.

I was thinking of the case where the same request is duplicated, winds
up taking two different paths, and the different intermediaries take
advantage of the flexibility such that the serializations are
different.  I think this is a useful motivator, but am perhaps tainted
by my Usenet days. :)

I can either add text or just delete the phrase, I don't care.

	/r$

Encryption)
http://www.zolera.com