RE: TBTF: Proposed resolution issue 179

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 13:51:51 -0800
To: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>, <marc.hadley@sun.com>
Cc: "XML Protocol Discussion" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

Looks good - only comment is that "support" may be understood in many
different--does it mean "define" or "enable", or both? We saw this many
times in the requirements document [1]. In this case, I think we mean
both so what about saying "define or enable" instead or something to
that effect?

>""A binding specification MUST support one or more Message Exchange
>Patterns.  A binding specification MAY state that it supports
>additional
>features,
>in which case the binding specification MUST provide for
>maintaining state, performing processing, and transmitting
>information in a manner consistent with the specification for
>those features."

Henrik

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-xmlp-reqs-20010319/