Re: Qualification of Fault children (was RE: Updated proposal for iss ue 192)

From: Noah Mendelsohn/Cambridge/IBM <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 07:59:50 -0400
To: "Martin Gudgin" <marting@develop.com>
Cc: henrikn@microsoft.com, moreau@crf.canon.fr, skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com, xml-dist-app@w3.org
Martin Gudgin writes:

>> 1.    In most cases SOAP Encoding results in unqualified descendants.

As you know, I've raised the question of whether we should have
local/global distinction in the encoding, and I think you expressed
tentative agreement with my intuition that the distinction should go.  If
so, I'm not sure I see why your statement about SOAP encoding would
continue to hold?  I would have thought we were completely neutral at that
point.  As I've pointed out, the rest of the SOAP envelope is uniformly
qualified.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142