RE: Updated proposal for issue 192

From: Noah Mendelsohn/Cambridge/IBM <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:04:58 -0400
To: "Williams, Stuart" <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: henrikn@microsoft.com, moreau@crf.canon.fr, xml-dist-app@w3.org
Stuart Williams writes:

>> These are locally scoped, unqualified elements whose
>> 'meaning' is scoped by their containment in a
>> <env:Fault/> element.

Yes, and <Body> only has meaning within an <Envelope>, and we qualify
that?  Though I don't think things are hugely broken, I think we should be
consistent.  On balance, I would recommend qualifying everything.  Having
only <Envelope> qualified, but not anything else seems quite fragile to
me.  It's also in some sense an artifact of how you view the description
of the SOAP envelope, creeping into the syntax of the envelope itself.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142