Re: text/xml for SOAP is incorrect

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:43:55 -0400 (EDT)
To: MJones@NetSilicon.com (Jones, Matthew)
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org
> > The server should label the content it sends to the client to
> > the best of
> > its ability.  In this case, I would argue that text/xml is at best a
> > cop-out, at worst a lie.
> >

> What about text/html, text/sgml, are these acceptable?  It would seem
> that to be consistant with the proposal text/plain should really be
> application/text.

text/plain is special, in that it's guaranteed that any MIME processor
that advertises its acceptance of any text/* type, can also do text/plain.

>  I think the question should center around when is
> "text/..." acceptable.  By the way what is the content-type for MathML?

text/html is acknowledged as a mistake.  FWIW, the HTML WG has
attempted to correct this for XHTML;

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baker-xhtml-media-reg-01.txt

MB