RE: Questions about the SOAP 2.1 draft

From: Oisin Hurley <ohurley@iona.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 00:57:07 -0700
To: "Jones, Matthew" <MJones@NetSilicon.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
>1.  There is discussion about SOAP over HTTP, but it doesn't specify
>what version of HTTP is expected although all references are to HTTP
>1.1.  Is there a requirement or expectation of version 1.1.  I think
>that some of the processing (for an implementation) can be simplified if
>only HTTP 1.1 was supported.

There has been no major discussion about this point, but it appears
that 1.1 is assumed.

>2.  The apache implementation seems to mention attachments but I
>couldn't find a mention in the draft specification.

This is not part of the 1.2 specification working draft. You may
find the w3c note on this topic at [1].

>3.  Is there a grammer for the structure of SOAP.  I didn't see one in
>the draft.  I think this is very important and would greatly enhance the
>likely hood of interoperability between implementations.

There will be an XML schema definition for the SOAP XML syntax,
although the current working draft does not contain it.

   --oh

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP-attachments