Questions about the SOAP 2.1 draft

From: Jones, Matthew <MJones@NetSilicon.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 19:05:01 -0400
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
I have a few questions about the 1.2 draft:

1.  There is discussion about SOAP over HTTP, but it doesn't specify
what version of HTTP is expected although all references are to HTTP
1.1.  Is there a requirement or expectation of version 1.1.  I think
that some of the processing (for an implementation) can be simplified if
only HTTP 1.1 was supported.

2.  The apache implementation seems to mention attachments but I
couldn't find a mention in the draft specification.

3.  Is there a grammer for the structure of SOAP.  I didn't see one in
the draft.  I think this is very important and would greatly enhance the
likely hood of interoperability between implementations.

Matthew Jones
mjones@netsilicon.com