Re: updated proposal on issue #144 - array metadata in SOAP Encoding

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 12:50:15 -0500
To: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Sorry, I got tired of typing -- originally I had "2 * 2" as the size.

You can use "offset" at the start of a sequential run of elements,
avoiding the overflow, can't you?  In the "2 * 2" case, it would mean
putting an offset attribute on every other item.

Did you want to allow that type of thing or not?

New question: can offset ONLY be used to skip leading elements?  Can it
skip internal elements, too?  Is the following legal (for a
singly-dimensioned array)?
If that isn't legal, then I think the text needs to make the prohibition
more explicit.
	/r$

--
Zolera Systems, Your Key to Online Integrity
Securing Web services: XML, SOAP, Dig-sig, Encryption