Re: updated proposal on issue #144 - array metadata in SOAP Encoding

Rich, you have showed an example where the asterisk is at the
first position, a situation excluded by the beginning of the text
you'd like to change:

 >  In case there is an asterisk on other than the first position,
 > all the members in the array MUST specify their position.

I agree that the only asterisk at the first position in the size
attribute brings virtually no problem to deserialization because
the problems with asterisks can be summarized as "don't know when
to overflow and increment the previous dimension" but in this
case there is no overflowing and no previous dimension. I don't
want to require position attributes on members in such a case, if
the text inadvertedly does, it's my phrasing mistake.

Best regards,

                   http://www.systinet.com/