Re: Issue 135 - Re: discarding incorrect namespaces

Hugo Haas wrote:

> I think that section 3[1] which currently says:
>
>    It MUST discard messages that have incorrect namespace information
>    (see 4.4 SOAP Fault)
>
> should be aligned on the Envelope Version Model section[2]:
>
>    It MUST treat messages with incorrect namespace information as a
>    version error (see 4.1.2 Envelope Versioning Model).

Agreed, so the offending paragraph in [1] would then read:

"A SOAP node MUST ensure that all element information items and
attribute information items in messages that it generates are correctly
namespace qualified. A SOAP node MUST be able to process SOAP namespace
information in messages that it receives. It MUST treat messages with
incorrect namespace information as a version error (see 4.1.2 Envelope
Versioning Model)."

> Note that appendix A, Version Transition From SOAP/1.1 to SOAP Version
> 1.2[3] has the same problem:
>
>    If a message is received by a SOAP application in which the SOAP
>    Envelope element is associated with a different namespace, the
>    application MUST treat this as a version error and discard the
>    message.
>
> We should probably replace "and discard the message" by "(see 4.1.2
> Envelope Versioning Model)".

I looks to me like the "problem text" is in a quote from the SOAP 1.1
specification and so should be left as-is.

>   1. http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-soap12-part1-20011002/#reltoxml
>   2. http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-soap12-part1-20011002/#envvermodel
>   3. http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-soap12-part1-20011002/#version

Regards,
Marc.

--
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
XML Technology Centre, Sun Microsystems.