Re: Issue 135 - Re: discarding incorrect namespaces

From: <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:33:53 -0500
To: Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
Cc: hugo@w3.org, xml-dist-app@w3.org
Shouldn't we clarify that treating NS mismatch as version errors applies
only to the particular constructs of our specification?  If I send you a
header entry with a bad NS, that might very well be a mustUnderstand
error, for example.   I think we should be absolutely unambiguous as to
where a NS mismatch is a version error.

More specifically, we should be clear on at least the following (presuming
SOAP-ENV is the correct SOAP 1.2 NS prefix):

1.      <SOAP-ENV: Envelope> <!-- presumably OK>

2.      <OTHERNS:Envelope> <!-- version mismatch>

3.      (as root of message infoset):
        <OTHERNS:EmployeeRecord> <!-- version mismatch or misformed SOAP
header -->

4.      <SOAP-ENV: Envelope2> <!-- good NS, version mismatch anyway?>

Similarly for Body, Header, Encoding values, etc.  We need to be careful
to cover any case that a reader of the spec might _think_ is a ns
mismatch, I think.  Thank you.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142