Re: [i95, i22] - Proposal for clarifying use of SOAPAction

From: Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barclay@digitalfocus.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 15:47:18 -0400
To: Dick Brooks <dick@8760.com>
CC: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>, Jake Savin <jake@userland.com>, "Painter, Philip" <Philip.Painter@compaq.com>, frystyk@microsoft.com, xml-dist-app@w3.org
Dick Brooks wrote:

> How SOAPAction is used becomes a matter for the implementer
> to decide, and I believe in many cases this will be relative to the
> POST request-URI (in the HTTP case).

The value required for SOAPAction would have to be provided in any
advertisement of a (HTTP-based) SOAP service, right?

(That is, to describe an HTTP-based SOAP RPC service so someone could
call it, in addition to specifying the URI to which to send an HTTP
POST request and the namespace and local name of the method-call element,
one would have to specify the required SOAPAction value, right?)

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
Digital Focus