Announce: A Busy Developer's Guide to SOAP 1.1

From: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:40:17 -0800
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Good afternoon. Here's a pointer to a specification that describes a subset of SOAP 1.1 that we believe is the common subset supported by most if not all SOAP 1.1 implementations.

http://www.xmlrpc.com/aBusyDevelopersGuideToSoap11

Interop is the hot topic now, but it's proving to be a slow process. We felt we could accelerate it by offering developers a specification of a small subset of SOAP that provides a lot of value, is easy to implement and offers a chance for interop to mean something very soon.

Dave