RE: SOAP and OO: Dynamic Services

From: Krishna Sankar <ksankar@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:24:57 -0700
To: "Andrew Layman" <andrewl@microsoft.com>, "Ben Peacock" <ben@sheredev.co.uk>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Hi,

  |A separate issue is whether dynamically-created service instances are
  |typically a good, scalable programming model.

	They are, for a variety of reasons.

	I agree that dynamic objects and services are not the most well understood
features but we would need to leverage the dynamicity one we move away from
static, monolithic, pre-arranged business logic. One of the reasons we are
not moving to this dynamic world is because of the lack of tools and
concepts. Concepts like central public/private registry based description,
discovery and execution would be the catalyst for introducing the dymanicity
into our systems.

	Agreed we would start with discovering *static* or pseudo static services
*dynamically* (looks like an oxymoron isn't it ? :-)) in the beginning. But
that is just the tip of the iceberg.

my 2c

cheers