RE: Protocol Bindings

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:28:44 +0200 (MET DST)
To: "Williams, Stuart" <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Williams, Stuart wrote:

> I think I and a number of others strongly believe that the purpose of a
> protocol binding IS to describe how to make use of a particular underlying
> protocol to transfer XMLP/SOAP messages. You seem to be stating that that is
> not the case.

See also http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-xmlp-reqs-20010319/#N2690 S810 QoS
The point was to take benefit of different possible underlying protocols
and use the one that will satisfy the need.
Of course there should be a way to enforce that, (and it can be done in a
URI, ex: xmlp+http:... xmlp+mailto:... )

--
Yves Lafon - W3C