Re: Infoset based rewrite of SOAP Section 4

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:22:20 -0400
To: Sean McGrath <sean.mcgrath@propylon.com>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org
> Unfortunately, given the data-model-free nature of XML 1.0 and the
> hairy complexity of fully-blown post-parse XML 1.0, abstract
> infoset approaches are probably unavoidable - unless one goes
> for commonXML, microXML or so other syntactic restriction of
> XML 1.0.

I don't understand the argument: I don't need a data model to implement
a netowrk protocol. Nor am I alone, as there are a couple-dozen
increasingly-interoperable SOAP implementations to further argue the
point. (Not to mention the countless SAX and DOM implementations.)
	/r$

--
Zolera Systems, Your Key to Online Integrity
Securing Web services: XML, SOAP, Signatures, Encryption