Re: INT: Re: Intermediary Discussion

From: <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 15:14:24 -0500
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@akamai.com>
Cc: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>, XML Protocol Comments <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Mark Nottingham writes:

>> However, the design shouldn't address this in the 'core'
>> intermediary definition - it's too dependent on the
>> transport binding and influenced by the application.

Many applications will want to approach XP in a binding-independent
manner.  I think it is therefore important to have a clean set of rules
for the proper use and implications of headers/intermediaries, independent
of the binding.  Indeed, the role of the binding should be to provide
implementation of those semantics.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142