Encoding: mandate validation of XML Schema simple types?

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 20:16:56 +0100 (CET)
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
 Hi all. 8-)
 During the F2F test cases generation, Noah said he felt our spec
should mandate validating the XML Schema built-in simple types
(those listed in the XML Schema - Datatypes spec).
 I thought that this was unnecessary. What do others think?
 If we decide SOAP Encoding processors MUST validate XML Schema
simple types, we'll need a new SOAP Encoding fault code, for
example enc:InvalidData to cover faulting.
 Best regards

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   http://www.systinet.com/