Encoding: encodingStyle issues

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 20:24:25 +0100 (CET)
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
 Hi all. 8-)
 During the F2F Encoding test generation we encountered the
second issue in this message, thinking about which lead me to
the first one:
 In SOAP we have the attribute encodingStyle that indicates the
element and its children are encoded using an encoding indicated
by its value.
 The first issue: can this attribute be really present on
Envelope, Body, Header or Fault elements? I think not because the
elements' contents are not deserialized using the Encoding
serialization rules (or any encoding serialization rules, for
that matter).
 The second issue: does the presence of the encodingStyle
attribute, even with the same value as on the first ancestor of
this element that has this attribute, mean a break in the data
graph?
 Again, I think not as I can't think of what such a break would
mean to the deserialized data.
 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   http://www.systinet.com/