Re: mid-course correction on abstract model for module processing

Again,

I'd have to ask the inevitable question: "what does processing mean?"

If processing==parsing then Header/Body would only potentially
allow for Header to be processed without needing (necessarily) to
parse the Body.

However, most SOAP implementations with which I am familiar
process (parse) the entire Envelope and pass this on to
the registered handlers as appropriate, so unless the substantive
matter of the Body is actually a reference (ala SMwA) to something
that is not part of the Envelope, nothing is gained by the
semantic differentiation between Header and Body because both
must be parsed anyway.

I too favor the elegance of a single construct that can be
semantically differentiated by something like the actor and/or namespace
qualifier. Certainly, there can be an abstraction made that
for handlers masks the actual XML content and makes it appear
that there is a Header and a Body...

Cheers,

Chris