RE: Correlation.MessageRef [was AM corrections]

From: Williams, Stuart <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:13:24 +0100
To: "'Jean-Jacques Moreau'" <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org, Mark Jones <jones@research.att.com>
Hi Jean-Jacques,

Local means local to one's point of reference ie. at the sender the
reference is local to that sender, at an intermediary it is local to that
intermediary, at a receiver it is local to that receiver. It's a local
handle to a message.  You can think of it a bit like a local reference to a
memory buffer (but that would be dangerous in practice because buffers get
reused).

It's an abstract means of local reference to a message that you have already
seen.

Regards

Stuart