RE: Removal (Time for XMail?)

From: David E. Cleary <davec@progress.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:04:14 -0400
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
> From: xml-dist-app-request@w3.org [mailto:xml-dist-app-request@w3.org]On
> Behalf Of Simon St.Laurent
>
> I suspect the harder sell on this would be this shift from "I'm
> sending you
> this big chunk o' mail" to "I'm sending this menu of items.  Which would
> you like to get?"

It sounds like you are talking application semantics. Nothing stops you
today from using SOAP and sending a URI reference as a parameter that an
application can choose to do something with. However, I do not see how the
protocol semantics will be able to properly pick and choose what to
retrieve.

David Cleary
Progress Software