RE: Removal (Time for XMail?)

At 02:04 PM 9/29/00 -0400, David E. Cleary wrote:
> [...]

Of course I'm talking about application semantics!  We're talking about a
particular application, so that should follow naturally.

While using SOAP and sending a URI reference might be tantalizing to some,
I'm not convinced that a generic solution like SOAP is a great answer to a
specific and extremely large-scale problem like email.

I'd like to think that XML might be a good answer for some parts of this
question, and would like to see a (even) more distributed answer than SMTP
in its current form, but I'm not looking to SOAP as an answer.

If this were to move forward, I'd like to see it combine XML with an
email-oriented distributed protocol.

Simon St.Laurent
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML