Re: Issues with Packaging Application Payloads

I too would be very interested in seeing such a proof of concept.  I'm in the
applications business (I'm only an observer of this effort) and my team will have
to do exactly this sort of thing to build a functional XML messaging service.  It
must be possible to parse the outer wrapper only, using a single standardized
schema doc for validation, then use the parsed wrapper's content to identify the
"business payload" and only then parse the "business payload" using the
appropriate XSD or DTD.  The two validation schemae/DTD docs must be entirely
independent of each other for this to work in practice.  It is also not acceptable
for the "business payload" to be attached as a URI.  This would require the
receiver of the message to have secured access to that URI and for the URI to
contain only the applicable documents.  This would impose a burden of establishing
and maintaining a multitude of individually secure areas, communicating access
instructions, etc.

--Mike