RE: !-Re: ebXML Abandons SOAP

Talk about a thread with misleading headings !! Most of the emails on this
thread have had nothing to do with ebXML !!!

So just for the record I'll repeat from an earlier email ...

============
"ebXML abandons SOAP" is a rumour. A more accurate description is as
follows:

1. ebXML has not abandoned SOAP, but we haven't adopted it either - I
personally, and other people in ebXML, see the W3C XP activity as a
potential path of convergence between SOAP and ebXML
2. On MIME, we selected MIME rather than XML because, **right now** (notice
the emphasis) it is the only **standard** (notice the emphasis again) way to
digitally sign and encrypt documents, and
3. We wanted to have one way of encapsulating/wrapping/enveloping electronic
data whether it was XML or not.

Let's not pre-judge any outcomes of the XP work before the first XP meeting
has even been held.

Regards

David
PS If anyone sends any more emails on this topic ... PLEASE change the
subject ;)