!-Re: ebXML Abandons SOAP

From: Bob Cunnings <cunnings@lectrosonics.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 09:46:52 -0700
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Kurt writes:

<snip>
On the other hand, if you go the other route, then you're forced into
trying to move XML over HTTP, you run into the danger of a single
proprietary solution dominating (aka SOAP or JAVX), and things get
otherwise messy.
</snip>

But how about a single standard solution dominating?
The only danger might be that we could interoperate!

<snip>
One possible solution might be to make use of processing instructions. You
could essentially keep the whole structure within a formal XML document,
since PIs don't have to be within the internal content, yet you still have
something that can easily be parsed by an XML processor: ...
</snip>

The problem with PI's (I think) is that they aren't specifiable in any schema you
may want to use...Aren't PI's outside the scope of XML Schema?

RC