!-Re: ebXML Abandons SOAP

From: Bob Cunnings <cunnings@lectrosonics.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 09:46:52 -0700
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Kurt writes:

On the other hand, if you go the other route, then you're forced into
trying to move XML over HTTP, you run into the danger of a single
proprietary solution dominating (aka SOAP or JAVX), and things get
otherwise messy.

But how about a single standard solution dominating?
The only danger might be that we could interoperate!

One possible solution might be to make use of processing instructions. You
could essentially keep the whole structure within a formal XML document,
since PIs don't have to be within the internal content, yet you still have
something that can easily be parsed by an XML processor: ...

The problem with PI's (I think) is that they aren't specifiable in any schema you
may want to use...Aren't PI's outside the scope of XML Schema?