RE: DR604

From: Oisín Hurley <ohurley@iona.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 20:52:19 -0000
To: "Williams, Stuart" <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
> I think the easy fix is to add the word 'content' to the end of
> DR604. Which
> becomes:

A valid and valuable addition, I agree.

> In terms of what intermediaries can touch and what
> transformations they can
> perform on the semantics of an interaction... its not clear to me that we
> have established any stated requirements - eg. do say request/response
> interactions fully nest through a bunch of intermediaries or is it a
> hop-by-hop chain of request/response pairs; what can an intermediary that
> signs a message touch... but thats for a different section...

This is a nice area which we will have to dive into - we must be able to
control the intermediaries in exactly what they can do with messages.
I think this area will be looked at when dealing with the concept of
intermediaries and with extension profiles, so there should be no need of
an explicit requirement

  cheers
   --oh

--