RE: DR604

From: Oisín Hurley <ohurley@iona.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 20:52:19 -0000
To: "Williams, Stuart" <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
> I think the easy fix is to add the word 'content' to the end of
> DR604. Which
> becomes:

A valid and valuable addition, I agree.

> In terms of what intermediaries can touch and what
> transformations they can
> perform on the semantics of an interaction... its not clear to me that we
> have established any stated requirements - eg. do say request/response
> interactions fully nest through a bunch of intermediaries or is it a
> hop-by-hop chain of request/response pairs; what can an intermediary that
> signs a message touch... but thats for a different section...

This is a nice area which we will have to dive into - we must be able to
control the intermediaries in exactly what they can do with messages.
I think this area will be looked at when dealing with the concept of
intermediaries and with extension profiles, so there should be no need of
an explicit requirement

ohurley at iona dot com
+353 1 637 2639