RE: [DR 307] : Complex wording.

WRT why should we care...:
It's important to realize that this requirement
was introduced as a more palatable (at least to us)
version of the original requirement about
interoperation without any a priori knowledge.

In trying to capture that requirement, we settled
on the wording below as a more reasonable rendition
of what might actually be possible.  We haven't
actually felt we could drop the requirement
entirely, and the spirit of what's below was,
in our opinion, faithful to the original intent.

Thanks,
David