Re: [DS5] Request with transport level response

From: Jeffrey Kay <jkay@ENGENIA.COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 11:31:07 -0500
To: "'xml-dist-app@w3.org'" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

I'm pretty uncomfortable with this DS.  Transport level positive
acknowledgement seems like a bleed from the SOAP protocol where an HTTP 200
or 500 response is used to indicate a successful transaction.  This seems
like something that we want to separate ourselves from in XP in general
(sorry, that's my particular religion on this) and therefore would eliminate
this as a legitimate scenario.  This would mean that DS1 and DS2 really
cover this scenario.

jeffrey kay <jkay@engenia.com>
chief technology officer, engenia software Inc.

"first get your facts, then you can distort them at your leisure" -- mark
twain
"golf is an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle"
-- sports illustrated
"if A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z. X is
work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." -- albert einstein