RE: text/xml for SOAP (and XP) considered harmful

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:

> Why not say something like

> where the ns parameter specifies the ns identifier of outermost element.

This has been already discussed in the IETF-XML-MIME mailing list,
and has been turned down.  First, a document may contain more than
one namespace.  Second, existing implementations of MIME does not
use parameters.

Mark Needleman wrote:

> since the XP protocol group is defining XP I would argue that it should be
>
> application/xp

An advantage of the naming convention is that SOAP-unaware-but-XML-aware
programs can be used for SOAP messages.

Cheers,

<warning>Speaking for himself only</warning>

IBM Tokyo Research Lab / International University of Japan, Research Institute
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)