RE: [DR008] - passing arbitrary content

From: Oisin Hurley <ohurley@iona.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 22:33:34 -0000
To: "Jean-Jacques Moreau" <moreau@crf.canon.fr>, "Kevin Mitchell" <kevin.mitchell@xmls.com>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
> Well, I think there is a subtle difference between DR 8 and DR 40:
>
>    * DR 40 talks about binary content, such as a JPEG file.
>    * DR 8 talks about arbitrary (read non-XML) content, such as a
> JPEG file
>      OR a text document.

And we also have DR700...
"The XP specification must define a mechanism or mechanisms that allow
applications to submit application-specific content or information for
delivery by XP"

I think this can cover it - the application-content is a very nice phrase
which
can mean "anything at all".

Given this, I think it is safe to drop both DR8 and DR40.

 cheers
  --oh

--
ohurley at iona dot com