RE: [DR008] - passing arbitrary content

From: Oisin Hurley <ohurley@iona.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 22:33:42 -0000
To: "Henrik Frystyk Nielsen" <frystyk@microsoft.com>, "Jean-Jacques Moreau" <moreau@crf.canon.fr>, "Kevin Mitchell" <kevin.mitchell@xmls.com>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

> As expressed in R700, XP will support carrying application specific data
> within the envelope and to refer to application specific data outside
> the envelope. Application specific data may be encoded as binary data.
> The WG will use existing mechanisms for handling binary data such as XSD
> support for binary data and the use of URIs for referening data. The WG
> will not define new mechanisms for handling binary data.

Me again - this is all covered in R700 (not DR, sorry) in terms of
requirement,
getting down to the nitty-gritty will require this kind of wording. Unless
of course you want to put text like this somewhere as a contextual note. But
I'm not sure we need it and it may even confuse the issue, imho.

  cheers
    --oh

--
ohurley at iona dot com