Re: requesting XML records

> Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:47:26 +0100
> From: "Jonathan Rowell" <bigrat18@hotmail.com>
>
> all I'm asking for is :-
>
> <metadata
>   xmlns="http://example.org/myapp/"
>   xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>   xsi:schemaLocation="http://example.org/myapp/
> http://example.org/myapp/schema.xsd"
>   xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">*
>
> where the URIs for the schema information are cacheable. That is I
> don't have to go to example.org to get the schema. I can hold a copy
> of the schema locally.

It's even better than that -- the way we're talking about using the
schema-identifying URI in the Z39.50 request, you're not even
_allowed_ to go to example.org to get the schema: the string is an
opaque identifier that merely happens to look like an address.  Your
application is supposed to Just Know what that identifier means --
i.e. the schema definition is meant to be hardwired into the program.
So you get what you ask for and then some :-)

)_v__/\  "Ask not what fruitbats can do for you.  Rather, ask what
	 you can do for fruitbats" -- Ian "Zobbo" Cottee.