Re: requesting XML records

From: Jonathan Rowell <bigrat18@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:47:26 +0100
To: a.powell@ukoln.ac.uk, www-zig@w3.org

Hi Andy!

Andy wrote:
>A namespace is simply a way of grouping (i.e. managing) a collection of
>names.  LoC may have chosen to put all MARC21 names into a single
>namespace but there is absolutley no requirement on them to have done this
>(they could have chosen to give each element its own name) and in lots of
>situations it is much easier to manage your names over time if you use
>multiple namespaces - because you can then manage smaller groupings of
>DC, ODRL, CreativeCommons are all examples of metadata applications that
>have chosen to use multiple namespaces - I'm sure there are lots of

all I'm asking for is :-

where the URIs for the schema information are cacheable. That is I don't
have to go to example.org to get the schema. I can hold a copy of the schema

It would of course be wonderful if ALL of the above referencing information
was ALWAYS and MANDATORILY returned, but I would be perfectly happy with the
absolute minimum of the default namespace. I have learnt not to ask for the

* "Guidelines for implementing Dublin Core in XML" from