Re: AGAIN: New draft of Z39.50 Bib-2 Attribute Set now available

From: Ashley Sanders <zzaascs@irwell.mimas.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:34:50 +0100
To: zig <www-zig@w3.org>
Barbara Shuh wrote:

>       http://www.nlc-bnc.ca/iso/z3950/bib-2_draft7.pdf

Just been looking through the above and I hope you can
clarify a point for me. On page 15 it says:

  To search for a composition composed by Victor Davies
      Access point [Cross Domain Set] = Name
      Comparison [Utility Set] = Equals
      Format/Structure = inverted order name
      Functional Qualifier = cmp
      Semantic Qualifier = personal
      Term = Davies, Victor

The Cross Domain attribute set says of Name: "A person or
organization associated with the resource." And
http://lcweb.loc.gov/marc/relators/relators.html says
that "cmp" means Composer. So to my mind the above set of
attributes in a search request should also retrieve
works about Victor Davies the composer. Am I wrong?

Regards,

Ashley.

--
Ashley Sanders                                a.sanders@mcc.ac.uk
COPAC: A public bibliographic database from MIMAS, funded by JISC