Re: Cell clipping

From: Jeremias Maerki <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:41:24 +0200
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

You don't, at least no directly. The overflow property doesn't apply to
fo:table-cell directly since that FO doesn't generate a viewport, only a
reference area. If you want to clip cell contents you put a
block-container with the desired extents as a direct child of the cell
and you set the overflow property there.

That'll work with Apache FOP 0.93.

On 23.07.2007 22:44:52 Lester Ward wrote:

> I want to clip the contents of a cell, such that the cell dimensions remain fixed no
> matter how much text is dumped into it, with the overflow simply getting cut off.
>
> Looking at some posts that Google turns up from 2003, giving a table cell a height
> attribute and setting overflow="hidden" is supposed to accomplish this, but doesn't. There
> seems to be some indication that isn't implemented. Is that still the case? Or has the way
> this is supposed to work changed?
>
> How do I clip a cell?

Jeremias Maerki