RE: XSL-FO Inquiry

From: Victor Vishnyakov <tch_@mail.ru>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:56:11 +0200
To: <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>
Cc: "'Reeyanne G. dela Cruz'" <r.delacruz@ssl.fujitsu.com>

> Currently, all the necessary data in the PDF file that I need
> to produce are all in the database and it would be a lot
> simpler if I could access them directly from an .fo file.  Is
> this feasible?

No, you can't. XSL-FO is eXtensible Stylesheet Language - Formatting
Objects. Only formatting is available.

But the most of the databases can produce XML result directly form the
query. The only thing you need is to create XSL Transformation for the
XML result of your query.

Regards,
Victor Vishnyakov