Another question

From: Mark Lundquist <ml@wrinkledog.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:40:59 -0700
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

Sorry to be a pain...

Anyway, sec. 7.5.1 in the Recommendation says that absolute-position
causes the area to be positioned relative to the area's "containing
area".  I realized that I may have no idea what "containing area"
means.  I searched Section 4 and could not find a definition.

Is an area A's containing area always the same thing as A's parent?
(Not all formatting objects generate areas, but only those that do can
in turn have as a child one that does... right?)

Or would the "containing area" defined along the lines of "the nearest
ancestor X such that Y"?

Once again, any help very much appreciated.

~ML