Simple, but...

From: Mark Lundquist <ml@wrinkledog.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:10:37 -0700
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

OK, I give up, somebody please just give me the "cookbook" answer on
this one... :-)  Ken Holman says, "Quit posting code and just tell us
what you're trying to do", and in this case I'm happy to oblige.  At
this point I don't have any code that I think is even close :-)

So here's what I'm trying to do...

I have this box, see... and I want that box divided into a left part
and a right part.  Each of these parts gets some text inside it.

So far, no matter what I try, the two "parts" always stack vertically
instead of being packaged side-by-side.

If this were HTML, I would probably use two div elements floated to the
left within a containing div, while my old-school colleague for whom
table abuse is the only way to style a page, would make a table with
one row containing two cells.  Simple.  So how, how, how, do I
accomplish this in XSL-FO?

Thanks,
~ML