RE: Conditionally displaying a horizontal line

Thanks again for the suggestions! I've been trying to get this to work, so
far unsuccessfully.

I now have the following in my XSL:

IN THE HEADER
-------------
<fo:static-content>
	<fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="horiz-line"
retrieve-position="first-including-carryover"/>
</fo:static-content>

IN THE FLOW
-----------
<fo:flow>
at the very top I have
	<fo:marker marker-class-name="horiz-line"><fo:block><fo:leader
leader-pattern="rule" rule-style="solid"></fo:leader></fo:block></fo:marker>
and then every time I want to draw a horizontal line I have
<fo:marker/>
<fo:wrapper keep-together="always">
	<fo:block space-after="2pt"><fo:leader leader-pattern="rule"
rule-style="solid"></fo:leader></fo:block>
	<fo:marker marker-class-name="horiz-line"><fo:block><fo:leader
leader-pattern="rule" rule-style="solid"></fo:leader></fo:block></fo:marker>
</fo:wrapper>
</fo:flow>

This doesn't produce the desired output and also gives me the following
error (repeated for every horizontal line I try to draw in the XSL):

[ERROR]: fo:marker must be an initial child,and 'marker-class-name' must be
unique for same parent

Am I doing something obviously wrong?

- Is <fo:marker/> acceptable for declaring an empty marker?
- Am I right in redeclaring the marker containing a line each time there is
a horizontal line, or should I be referencing the one declared at the top of
the flow?

I've been trying to understand markers but have struggled to find much
helpful material on the web in terms of examples.

Any help greatly appreciated as ever.

Thanks,
Haitham.