Formatting Engines

From: Cindy Hunt <Cindy.Hunt@sas.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:22:17 -0400
To: <www-xsl-fo@w3c.org>

Hi-

I am just getting my feet wet producing XSL-FO stylesheets and I had a question concerning formatting engines. Currently, I am using FOP for my stylesheet via XML Spy. I have heard RenderX's XEP product mentioned a lot and I was wondering if any of you more seasoned XSL-FO developers could tell me what the advantages of using it are. I am assuming there has to be some advantages since you have to purchase it.

If anyone has light to shed on this subject, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Cindy Hunt

Cindy R. Hunt
Senior Applications Developer